5 Clever ways to use rugs to transform you space
5 min read.
Coming up with an exciting design option while placing your piece of furniture in an open plain interior can be a daunting task. If your room has no walls to define space, then you can use rugs to delineate one area from another. Area rugs not only offer comfort and visual appeal but they also have a fantastic ability to transform and define a particular room. Whether you want to make you room look large or small, rugs can help you achieve that. Also, carpets come in handy in places that need to perform multiple function's such as guest room, kids room or an office.
Thoughtful placement of rugs can give any place an identity. That means with a beautiful modern or vintage rug, you can decorate a passageway, define a home-office area, create a conversational space or even outline a foyer where none existed.
Some of the factors to consider while choosing a rug:
SIZE: Different areas blend in well with varying sizes of rugs. Make sure that you select the carpet that fits the furniture that you need to position on it. You must consider the space where you want your specific area to end and another to begin. The carpet should be fitting enough but, consider having at least one feet allowance to allow your furniture movements.
SHAPE: Rugs can either come in rectangular, circular or in square shape generally, The choice of shape depends upon the space layout of your area. You would also need to consider the type of furniture that will sit on top of that. For example, if your dining table is round you could use a circular rug to complement your space and furniture. You can be creative here and mix different shapes to make your room more appealing.
COLOR: If you want to remain cohesive and create a harmonious interiors, then you need to choose a color of the rug that matches or complements the color schemes of your walls and furniture. Also all the rugs should be of same color scheme in order to avoid color clashing.
TEXTURE: You can also achieve a pleasant feel to your interiors with the help of rugs of similar textures of different materials. If you can pick a carpet with more textured pile, it can help in adding warmth and comfort to your place.
Without much ado, here is how you can use rugs to define your spaces
1. Create an inviting doorway: Your front door entryway is the first thing that your visitors see when they come into your home. you can use an area rug to define a designated foyer. With the use of right carpet you can create a great first impression on your visitor.
2. Anchor your living area: In a room with big windows and high ceilings rugs can offer an anchor to the living room area. If you want to design and inviting and cozy space for hanging out then you need to choose the rug with the right size and shape of the living area.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the best rug for your living area.
3. Define your Dining area: Just because your home lacks a designated room for dining does not mean that you can not have one. A large rug can help you create a dining area. Measure the length and width of the dining area and make sure that the chairs can scoot back from the table without falling off from the edge of the rug.
4. Create a Hallways and Passageways: If an area has multiple entry and exits to different rooms you can use a rug to create traffic pattern. A runner rug is a perfect solution for this. You need to make sure that you have at-least 6 inches of floor space on each side to make it look visually appealing.
5. Design Patios: If you have a large patio you can use rugs to transform it into defined open air living space. In this case you need to use a durable outdoor rug that can carve out beautiful outdoor living space Use brown or a green carpet at the center of the sitting area which can be in front of the fire place to create an inviting and cozy space.
Author: Yashwardhan Jain, 19th Nov 2019.
7 Exciting ways to add a pop of color to your bedroom
5 min's readPicking a perfect color scheme for...
Trends 2020: This years most coveted home decor options
Every season we look to give our homes a fresh...
Points to consider before finalizing your interior designer
4 mins read.Designing your dream home or having a...
Personalised Home Decor By Expert Interior Designer
301 Dattatary Bhavan, Phatak Rd, Bhayandar East, Maharashtra 401105
Get a callback from us